Re: [NTLK] Tablet enclosure

From: Dylan Stewart (rxs015500_at_utdallas.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 02:55:03 PST

On 30.3.03 at 20:30:11 PST, Norman Palardy wrote:
> All the convergence is all cool and such ... but I WISH I could get a
> phone that worked WELL
>
> Like one of the old analog Motorola's you could talk on the elevator as
you rode
> The digitals have some neat features, but reception and such really seem
to suck
> Get near an elevator and they drop out
>
> This is like the LG fridge that can get on the net.
> Great, but it's useless to me until I have a grocer that uses this sort of
thing.
> And, the 3Com Audrey pretty much demonstrated that simply being digital
> was not enough, it had to be something people would use
>
> Fry's has the darned fridges but they aren't exactly hot sellers from
> what I read
>
> Now, a phone like the old Moto bricks that had enough heft you could do
> some damage with priced at $19 ..... there's a great convergence
> proposition
>
> A drive by phoning .....

Well, if this device is an uber cell phone, then I'm probably not getting
it. I have absolutely no need for a cell phone, nor do I believe that I
will find one in the near future.

For anyone interested, I updated the renderings at my site. I plan to do
that periodicaly as I add items (like ports). The new renderings look much
nicer than the old polygonal nastinesses. Eventually, I'll add a quarter or
something to it for scale, but I'm too lazy to do that now. The table the
thing is on is 40cm to a side, though.

I have also begun to call it the Isaac. In all probablility, it will have a
different name, but Isaac is good for now.

 Dylan Stewart AC5ZH

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html