[NTLK] HTTP1.1 requests syntax

From: Daniel Padilla (dproldan_at_telefonica.net)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 15:03:18 PST

I'm trying to patch NetHopper and see if it's possible that it sends the
correct URL for virtual hosts.

    I'm entering http://dev.newtontalk.net as URL.

    This is what NetHopper uses:
{protocolStr: "http", domainNameStr: "dev.newtontalk.net", port: NIL,
directoryStr: "/",
fileNameStr: "", extraDataStr: NIL, bodyDataStr: NIL, markerStr: NIL,
targetHostAddress: nil}

    I tried adding the targetHostAddress:
{protocolStr: "http", domainNameStr: "dev.newtontalk.net", port: NIL,
directoryStr: "/",
fileNameStr: "", extraDataStr: NIL, bodyDataStr: NIL, markerStr: NIL,
targetHostAddress: "dev.newtontalk.net"}

    The result, not unexpected, is that the page doesn't load, but it
gives no error.

    Anybody here can give me a clue about this? As you can see, I know
close to nothing about these matters. I've read both RFC documents but
couldn't understand what's the exact difference between HTTP1.0 and HTTP1.1
requests.

D.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html