Re: [NTLK] prelimbinaries problems

From: Jeff Andrusin (jeffandrusin_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Apr 06 2003 - 18:44:17 PDT

snip,
> start up in X and start delivery through
> appletalk, nothing really happens the dock on
the
> newton shows up but only the window

What do you mean? When you start the dock
Application and connect with
Apple Talk, then a Window with only a close
Button shows up on the
Newton and Delivery will say that it is connected

with the Newton. Do
you mean that window? That is ok. Then you are
connected with your Mac
and you can choose a package with delivery and
install it on your
Newton.
If you mean something else, nevermind.

Heiko

Heiko,
i am connected then in appletalk, but when i go
to install pkg the dock progress bar shows up but
does not turn and it says waiting for a response,
(newton logo is lit up)while delivery is saying
it is connected - force quit delivery after 5
minutes, have to hold power button down to force
quit newton and restart. this happened when i
tried to install betmaster. when i tried to
install newtris my newton said there was a
problem with the package which i cannot recall,
but it was on my newt albeit unable to work. i
tried to duplicate that by reinstalling newtris
and now i am back to “waiting for a response”

is there a packtype type of thing for os x that i
may have to use?

any ideas about the tcp/ip stuff?

thank you for your help Heiko,

jeff