[NTLK] Where to start for a Newtbie...

From: JimRCGMO (jimrcgmo_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 17:59:37 PDT

Hi all,

I have become interested in the MP2100 and will hopefully be getting one
from J&K and/or off eBay. I have been doing some looking at some Mewton
FAQs and pages on the web, but figured I'd ask the list to make more
efficient use of my time.

1) Are there specific sections of the general FAQs (or some particular
version of them) that are good for me to read? I want to sync my future
MP2100 with my PowerBook (2000/Firewire) using either IR or Ethernet, and
do a lot of the same things that Ben McCorkle mentioned in his recent
post ("How do you use your Newton?") - note-taking, alarm clock, maps,
calendar/appointments, and (yes) a few games (Can the Newt play Nintendo
games? Neat!).

2) Are there certain accessories (besides - I would guess - a spare
battery holder and AC adapter) which are more vital for me to consider
(or, where in the FAQs should I hunt for such a recommended list)?

Once I get my Newton, it will be my 7th Apple system (IIe, Mac IIcx,
Quadra 700, IIgs, Woz IIgs, and my PowerBook). So yes, I like Apple's
products fairly well (never really considered the original Macintosh - 16
lb. - "Portable", though).

Thanks for your suggestions and help (in advance) - and thanks to Laurent
for his confirming my impression that the MP2100 was the model I wanted
to get.

Jim Rohde

This message produced with a minimum
of 37% post-consumer recycled electrons