[NTLK] Jaggies - software related?

From: Shawn H (unity_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Apr 11 2003 - 14:13:55 PDT

Hi All, I am new to the list but certainly not to the Newt. About a year
ago I purchased a 2100 off of eBay, a few weeks later it met a busy road
and a Uhaul. (Never leave stuff on top of ones car and drive off!) Well,
of course the little Newton was fine, scratched to high heaven, a few
cracks and some tread marks. (My cell phone was toasted) Well, I
continued to use the Newton for a long time before I decided to get
another, better looking one - plus the "jaggies" had become an issue.

I was wondering is software could be an issue with Jaggies? I have
looked all over and it does not seem possible but my new 2100 is doing
the EXACT same thing were the pen is becoming uncalibrated on the lower
right sector of the screen. I have cleaned and finally disassembled the
unit to clean any debris, no luck. I run pen alignment and right after,
its off but never gets worse. Just FYI: The original 2100 data was a
RESTORE from a backup on a 2MB card in a 120 that died, and the newer
2100 was another restore of a backup the last 2100 on that same card.

Shawn Hamachek

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html