Re: [NTLK] Quicktime on the Newton

From: Eric Schneck (eschneck_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Sun Apr 13 2003 - 07:19:56 PDT

on 4/12/03 11:54 PM, Grant Hutchinson <grant_at_splorp.com> wrote:

> From: Grant Hutchinson <grant_at_splorp.com>
>
> In a previous message, Bograt typed vigorously:
>
>> Has this been done? Or even though of?
>
> Do you mean port the QuickTime technology to the Newton OS? Can't be
> done. Do you mean convert QuickTime movies to play back on the Newton?
> Yes. Brad Tober of Handshake Companies was working on something called
> the Newton Movie Player. It was based on code by the infamous Lee Moon
> which could convert and encapsulate QuickTime movies into packages that
> could be played back on the Newton.
>
> http://www.handshakecompanies.com/
>
> I don't know what happened to Brad or Lee Moon's source code.
>
> g.

Brad has gotten very busy with schoolwork and such, and is not working on
the player right now.

I *have* written a program to convert QuickTime movies to Movie Player
format. It is available at:

http://guelph.unna.org/incoming/MovieConverterRC3a.sit

There are also three Newton TV commercials in the /incoming/ folder that
have been converted to Movie Player format.

There have been some bug reports on the converter. Let me know if you have
any problems.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html