Re: [NTLK] newton 2100 from jksales

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Sun Apr 13 2003 - 08:36:42 PDT

on 4/13/03 10:38 AM, mouse1701 at mouse1701_at_sympatico.ca wrote:
> because of the huge profit they make on the shipping.

    A lot of the shipping/handling cost was probably the handling. I don't
mind paying more if stuff is well packed and arrives in good condition
despite the best efforts of USPS and Canada Post to destroy it.
    I've stopped ordering from the U.S. because of Canada Customs. No matter
how well something is packed they'll find a way to break it, then charge you
$5 (handling) plus a whack of taxes for the privilege. And from what I've
been able to find out you have no recourse against CCRA and any insurance
you had is void because it wasn't damaged "in shipping".

Peter

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html