Re: [NTLK] Trash on OS X Was:Problem with nsync

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 13:54:35 PDT

on 15/04/03 16:08, Robert Benschop at rbenschop_at_euronet.nl wrote:

> On dinsdag, apr 15, 2003, at 19:40 Europe/Amsterdam, Laurent Daudelin
> wrote:
>> My synchronization tool on OS X has the ability to move files and
>> folders to
>> the trash and only iCan is updated. Even the trash in the Dock doesn't
>> show
>> that something has been trashed! It also has a force empty which I find
>> useful sometimes...
>>
> Which one is your synchronization tool?
>
> And my trash in the Dock shows if there's something in there or not,
> did I miss something?

I have found that if you have a process or application other than the Finder
that put something in the trash, the trash doesn't always notice. I wrote a
file and folder synchronization tool for OS X and even though I use all the
calls to notify the system of the change after putting something in the
trash, the trash in the Dock doesn't notice, but iCan does.

My tool is named after the original Mac OS 9 tool, "File Synchronization".
You can get more info there
<http://nemesys.dyndns.org/FileSynchronization_EN.html>.

-Laurent.

bozotic /boh-zoh'tik/ or /boh-zo'tik/ adj.: [from the name of a TV clown
even more losing than Ronald McDonald] Resembling or having the quality of a
bozo; that is, clownish, ludicrously wrong, unintentionally humorous.
Compare wonky, demented. Note that the noun `bozo' occurs in slang, but the
mainstream adjectival form would be `bozo-like' or (in New England)
`bozoish'.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html