[NTLK] NewtSync (fixed and how to)

From: SH (unity_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 18:16:47 PDT

If NewtSync is not syncing some names, and you happen to have aspare newt...

To start it seems that my problems with syncing my Newt 2K to OS X is mine
somehow. I did as suggested earlier - to rest the "last sync" date in
NewtSync. It said it synced 100 names, looked promising but only a few new
names came into the address book.

Second step was to erase the address book on OS X by removing the files from
application support. I did so, reset NewtSync and it said 77 entries....

Still, just the few newer ones I created recently on the Newt (within the
past week) showed up (24 entries) , not the originals that have been stored
on the newt for some time (entries date back a few years from the MP120 I
once had).

I did a second reset, this time it said 101 entries, but still nothing, just
the 24....

Truly I only have 74 entries on the newt. So my next plan was to beam the
names to my decommissioned 2k, erase them and them beam them back thinking
that the creation dates on the names files on my 2k were pre-1975?? (sounds
strange, I know, but worth a shot).

Again NewtSync starting syncing the names, 101 again but this time it
worked! ALL of the people entries came on over. Cool... The only "problem" I
had is that it did not bring in the Companies or groups, just people. Not a
big deal of course. But it would be a cool added feature.

Shawn H
"...and on the 7th day, God turned off his Macintosh."
~ Anonymous

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html