Re: [NTLK] Apple NDA's

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sun Apr 20 2003 - 14:36:16 PDT

> If a device was seeded to him, then he would have been
> required to sign more NDAs and Apple would send goons to make sure
that he
> kept them. Of course, all of this is ignoring the fact that Apple
doesn't
> seed hardware.

Maybe not today, but they certainly did. The PowerMac I brought with me
from
London was probably the first PCI PowerMac in Europe. It had heaps of
wires
on the mainboard, but I was able to test my PCI board on it. The OS was
using practically nothing of the processor's features, but emulating
most
stuff in software. Well, it was months before the machine was released.
At the Apple Developer's kitchen the Apple developers actually tried to
convince me that a seed unit won't need that much video RAM... because
their
units obviously had less... but I couldn't be convinced ;-)

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html