Re: [NTLK] My Impossible Requests

From: Grant Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 20:54:21 PDT

In a previous message, Kenneth Katz typed vigorously:

> 1. Has anyone out there ever seen SSH for the Newt?
> I have been praying to find something small like PuTTY.

Unfortunately, there's no such animal. It's been discussed many times on
the list before, the most interesting thread is probably this one:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=104015324800002

> 2. Where, oh where, are the memory upgrade cards for
> the emate? I keep checking ebay, google, dogpile, teoma,
> metacrawler... were only 20 made and distributed to
> employees? I'm in desperate need!

Once upon a time, there were tons of them made and installed. However,
the sources have dried up and no one is able to make them anymore. They
do surface on ebay on rare occasions, but are rumored to be manufactured
of unobtainium. Your best bet may be to locate a dead or damaged upgraded
eMate and salvage the memory card from it.

g.

Grant Hutchinson } Interface Considerations & Toys

Weblog } www.splorp.com
Newton } www.newted.org
Design } www.veer.com

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html