[NTLK] Problem with Flash card

From: Andy Collins (acollins_at_newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 03:00:27 PDT

Hi Folks,

I think my 12mb Pretec Flash card has gone the way of all things mortal and
slid down the curtain, but I could do with some help to see if I can
salvage anything.

Basically thing were fine until Yesterday until I tried transferring my
Names out as Vcards using Simplemail and again with FTP. It took ages and
filled up the outbox even though I'd checked "Send now". Eventually I got a
huge positive error number, a store full message (even though there was at
least 2mb free on the card). Simplemail wouldn't close and in the end I
pulled the battery.

Now the Newt doesn't see the Pretec card at all. If I try to remove it I'm
warned to put it back. In the end I pulled it anyway and when I put it back
in got error 0, error 8 and no signs of it being mounted. I've tried
various resets and even put the card in my spare MP2K (error 8).

Is the card stuffed?
Is there anything I can do to get the data off.

Of course I have a backup. I did one just last week..... Onto the card! :-(

Thanks in advance.

Andy.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html