[NTLK] eMate screen cable issues

From: Robert JA Basilio Jr. (boojie_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 19:52:54 PDT

Is it absolutely necessary to install washers inside the eMate =8B as shown i=
Frank Gruendel's site =8B to protect the screen cable?

In say ten eMates, how many are affected by this screen cable problem? What
I mean to ask is, is it inevitable? Or is it something of a hit and miss
situation?=20

I was led to ask this question because I recently got my wife interested in
an eMate =8B so I got her one from eBay =8B and I don't want her to be a
disillusioned eMate user and that I am unwilling to fiddle with the insides
of an eMate. I've replaced dead eMate batteries but they required absolutel=
no technical skill at all. I just got an unused eMate battery off eBay and
installed it.=20

Robert =20
=8B=8B=8B=8B=8B=8B=8B
"While we are asleep in this world, we are awake in another one."
=8B Salvador Dali, painter (1904-1989)

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html