[NTLK] OT: QuickTake Flash Cards (was: eMate Docking Station???)

From: Nowhere Man (nowhereman77_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Aug 20 2003 - 21:32:09 PDT

I'm no expert, so someone correct me if I'm wrong on this...
A friend gave me a QuickTake 200 recently and from what I have read, it
takes a 5 volt flash card which is not easy to come by anymore. Most
newer cards are 3 volts. So, most likely, what you describe is not
possible.

On Wednesday, Aug 20, 2003, at 21:18 America/Phoenix, Matt Janeczek
wrote:

> I was just wondering if anyone knows why there are two silver contacts
> on
> thebottom of the eMate, similar to the ones that are on the MP 1xx
> line that
> can be used with the Newton charging station? Did Apple have some
> sort of
> preliminary plans to make a station for the eMate too? That would
> have been
> very cool considering the eMate is just like a laptop.
>
> Also, this is off topic, but I have an QuickTake 200 digital camera
> from
> Apple. Does anyone know the max size of the Flash SmartMedia cards it
> can
> handle? It came with 2 or 4 MB cards in the 90's and I know they have
> like
> 128MB cards now, wow, that would be like a zillion pictures! :-)
>
> -Matt
>
> --
> inquiries
> List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html