Re: [NTLK] [OT] FaxSFT (to Paul Guyot)

From: RossO (newton_at_ordersomewherechaos.com)
Date: Wed Aug 20 2003 - 23:52:25 PDT

On Wednesday, August 20, 2003, at 06:57 PM, Paul Vaughan wrote:
> Digital Rights Management is now so clever, and I don't have a 'bought
> copy' of OSX 10.2, just the software install disk that came with the
> eMac.

Actually, Apple doesn't technically do anything like MS does for
'Authorizing' Windows. You can install OS X with only your guilty
conscience to stop you from spreading it like wildfire.

Can you image if Apple had required "Authorization" for the Newton OS?
This community would not exist.

...Ross...

--
What should I do with my life?
          "Agitate. Agitate, Agitate." - Frederick Douglass