Re: [NTLK] notepad: error -10606

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 11:11:04 PST

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 20:31:18 +0200, pytheas_at_helmug.gr wrote:
> I'm sending you this email from greece! I have been using a newton 2100 for
> some time now, and a couple of days earlier I've managed to "destroy" the
> notepad. Here is the case: When I tap on the notepad icon, an error -10606
> appears. If I'm not wrong, this means that the os cannot locate notepad.
>
> I believe that the problem started when I've uninstalled "the fish"; an
> encryption program for the notepad. But then again, I can't be sure that
> this has caused the problem.

It would be great if you could recollect what happened (were was the
Fish package installed, did you have encrypted notes, did you use an
ATA card...) The Fish does patch the Notepad, but in a way that proper
uninstalling removes it cleanly. Things can get a bit strange if you
freeze or uninstall the Fish while you still have encrypted Notes, but
that should be cured by a reboot.

Eckhart

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html