Re: [NTLK] notepad: error -10606

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Mon Dec 01 2003 - 00:19:29 PST

On 30-nov-03, at 22:14, pytheas_at_helmug.gr wrote:
> I've downloaded trashpak from unna, as you've advised. I've found out
> that
> the problem lies in the notes that are stored in the memory card.
> There is
> no problem with those on internal memory. When I try to get info for
> those
> on the card, the same message (-10606) appears. The same error appears
> if I
> try to move (from the memory card to the newton), or remove them for
> good.

Do you have a backup? If yes brain wipe your Newt and restore without
the offending data from 'The Fish'.
If not it doesn't sound too good. In general (I know this comes too
late for you) beware of encryption software, nothing can screw up your
data more if it goes sour (Mac OS X first incarnation of File Vault
comes to mind).

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html