Re: [NTLK] Decaying programs

From: Andrei Chichak (acpmiedm_at_telusplanet.net)
Date: Fri Dec 12 2003 - 13:39:37 PST

><flame shield>
>
>Have you ever used any windows version for more than a couple of
>months without significant changes in speed and reliability?
>
></flame shield>

<shield up>

Good point, but ...

Yup, NT 4. - 6 years without a reinstall...until recently when I took a bug
fix that trashed my networking. Upgrade my bum.

On the other hand, with a REAL operating system, bragging points are
awarded to those with the highest uptime. My personal record, 1.5 years
with an SCO UNIX box. My corporate record 23 years with no unscheduled
downtime, University of Alberta Hospitals Tandem.

<stand down Mr. Sulu>

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html