Re: [NTLK] Downloading with Courier

From: Nathan Turnage (nturnage_at_andadv.com)
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 07:10:41 PST

Eckhart Köppen wrote:
> I fixed a related bug in ntox 1.8.2 and Courier 0.7.2. You might want
> to try these versions. Let me know if it still doesn't work.

Just dowloaded and tried the latest versions of courier, ntox, nhtml,
ic/vc. I can now go to wired.com and click on links. I cannot, however,
click links at
<http://mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/full-text/book/book-z-h-5.html> . This is
the page with the forward of an MIT book on the "Structures and
Procedures of Computer Programs" book that MIT makes all of its
beginning programmers. I found it in the OpenCourseware part of the
site. It's great: open source courseware. You can download and read most
anything that MIT students read in their classes. Genius. I picked up
on it from a Wired magazine article.

Like I said, I can now click on links at wired.com.

> There seems to be still a bug in the Courier cache where it shows an
> old cache entry instead of loading the new page. Tapping on the reload
> button however loads the new page.

I cannot download any .pkg files, even hitting reload does nothing. I
have tried downloading some of the books from Tek-Ed's website
<http://newton.tek-ed.com/index.cfm?type=2> and it does nothing. what
amy I missing here? What else besides the programs listed above do I
need to download? Also is there a way to view pictures in Courier?

> Do you have some URLs so I can reproduce this?

See above.

Also, i had a very bad scare yesterday, when i got another error -10061
when trying to flip between pages in Courier. I had Dashboard installed
and everytime I would click on anything in the Dashboard (DB) I would
get that error. I panicked, back up (twice), and trashed DB. Things seem
to be working now. Anyone else have trouble with Courier and DB?

Thanks in advance,
Nate

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html