Re: [NTLK] Reset question

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sat Dec 27 2003 - 05:39:56 PST

on 12/27/03 12:46 AM, doppler at roman_at_pixell.net wrote:

> i have lost all info on a 16Mb card twice due to resets. since it was a
> deliberate reset, i always had the data backupped. i knew it could happen,
> and it did.
>
> so, the morale is - always try to unmount the card before resetting with the
> hardware button on the back of the newt!

Eh what??? I've never heard this before...

Or are you all talking about a hard reset, or what we like to call a "brain
wipe"? I've done hundreds of simple resets with cards in, from a 120 right
on up to a 2100, and never experienced a single problem. Yet, it is know
that doing a brain wipe with a card in can and probably will damage a card.
One should always eject a card before doing a brain wipe which will wipe all
data from a Newton. But the two aren't the same thing....

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland