Re: [NTLK] Transferring a PKG to a MP2100 through a MP120

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Mon Dec 29 2003 - 12:24:46 PST

>This is my problem - I don't have a means of directly connecting to the
>MP2100, unless there's a means of communicating with it via my laptop's
>IrDA port, or indirectly going through the MP120 or managing to get the
>software on the FLASH card somehow.

As someone else has pointed out, I am currently (sort of) setting up a
card lending service that will allow you to install all required
packages through a restore from the card. This project is currently on
hold, however, mainly because I was so frustrated because I was unable
to get Thomas Tempelmann's DIL tester to work.
I've been thinking lately that I might extend this project so that it'll
be a card and dongle lending service. Since I've spent a small fortune
on
a handful of dongles recently, I could live without one for some time.

Basically this would work as follows:

1) You send me the average purchase price of a dongle and / or a card
   plus shipping from Germany (via PayPal). Shipping is only what I pay
   at the post office.

2) I send the stuff your way.

3) You use it to your heart's content, install everything you want,
   and once you are through, you send dongle and / or card back.

4) Once I get it in the same condition it was in when it was sent,
   I refund what you paid minus shipping cost minus about 4 percent
   of the total (this is what PayPal charges me to accept the
   payment).

Let me know if getting access to a dongle or a card that way is
something that would help you.

I haven't thought about what "the average purchase price" is. It
should be high enough to make it unreasonable to keep the stuff and drop
off the surface of the earth, but it shouldn't be so high that
people won't take advantage of this system because they don't know
me and are (rightfully) careful. I thought about 45 USD for the
dongle and 15 USD for the (original Apple 2 MB) card, do you out
there think this would be fair and reasonable?

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html