Re: [NTLK] [NTLK]

From: wmiranda_at_softhome.net
Date: Fri Feb 07 2003 - 12:11:12 PST

There is a section in the FAQ, a link to which will appear at the bottom of
this message. Go to the hardware section and look for the question, "What
kind of modem can I use?" You do need to install the Newton Internet
Extensions (NIE). You need to have the right version for the type of MP you
have. If you're running a 120, I think you need NIE 1.1. You can find that
at www.unna.org. Your problem is probably that you don't have NIE
installed. Good luck!

Hans Derycke writes:

is there some driver
> or such that I can install? The card is a 3Com Megahertz model 3CXM356
> modem.
>
> If it is the case that I can't use this modem, what are my options? Is
> there a definitive list of useable modems out there somewhere?

Bill M.
txgitarman_at_attbi.com

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html