Re: [NTLK] [NTLK]

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Fri Feb 07 2003 - 12:21:21 PST

On Friday, February 7, 2003, at 12:11 PM, wmiranda_at_softhome.net wrote:

> There is a section in the FAQ, a link to which will appear at the
> bottom of
> this message. Go to the hardware section and look for the question,
> "What
> kind of modem can I use?" You do need to install the Newton Internet
> Extensions (NIE). You need to have the right version for the type of
> MP you
> have. If you're running a 120, I think you need NIE 1.1. You can find
> that
> at www.unna.org. Your problem is probably that you don't have NIE
> installed. Good luck!

Actually this is not right...

You do not need NIE at all to use a modem.

The Newton built in software include support for dial up NCU
connectivity and therefore a workable modem USUALLY reports "a
communications card has been inserted".

I'm going to guess that the modem in question is a goddam winmodem,
pardon my language.

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html