Re: [NTLK] OT---Powerbook G3 Wall St. CD-R?

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Fri Feb 07 2003 - 22:42:14 PST

On Friday, February 7, 2003, at 07:10 PM, Bungalow930_at_aol.com wrote:

> Does anyone know if it's possible to upgrade the CD-ROM drive in a G3
> Wall Street 400 mhz? Some guy at the Apple Store told me that Apple
> doesn't do that, and I can't believe that's the case.
>
> There _must_ be a fix, no???

First of all there is no such thing as a wallstreet 400, at least not
from apple. 233,250,266,292 (nice) or 300, thats all.

Other speeds could be achieved by third partys.

Second of all, what kind of upgrade are you talking about? Apple does
not offer any "upgrades" other then the service spare which is probably
the same speed as the original (24x?).

Third parties do offer recordables however... and Apple did offer a
DVD drive in the original config. although it needed a PCMCIA DVD
decoder card, so it's kind of pointless now (OSX and all).

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html