Re: [NTLK] Newton Linux Revisited

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sat Feb 08 2003 - 23:43:36 PST

On Saturday, February 8, 2003, at 08:17 PM, Andrew Peleikis wrote:

> i think the virtues of the newton platform lie in its software. the
> hardware isn't anything special. porting newton OS to linux would make
> sense as it would make the OS utilize smaller hardware.

I beg to differ with "the hardware isn't anything special" considering
that 5 years after its cancelation, many of the PDA's being sold are no
where near as powerful or expandable and certainly not as reliable and
durable...

Newton hardware is kick butt too. Don't forget it!
Marty

PS I do agree however that it is all about the software :~)

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html