Re: [NTLK] Newton wireless pt100

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sat Feb 08 2003 - 23:37:40 PST

On Saturday, February 8, 2003, at 06:01 PM, John Acuff wrote:

> On Saturday, February 8, 2003, at 01:35 AM, Martin Joseph wrote:
>> That isn't going to work on a PB5300 because Apple's airport software
>> doesn't work on it...
> So you're saying I can't use wireless with my 5300? Or that I just
> can't use Apple's Airport stuff, but I can maybe use someone else's?
> John
> <snip>

No, You can use the 5300 wirelessly in conjunction with an Apple
airport network. You just can't use an Apple airport card or any Apple
airport software....

I have successfully used a Wavelan gold card and the Agere/Orinoco
software to make this work.. Actually it runs 24/7 here as a wireless
print spooler for my PBG3 Wallstreet(spooling PS). Unfortunately it is
using LPR for this so the Newt can't print to it currently. boo hoo.

Actually I was a beta tester for the last release of
Agere/orinoco/Lucent wavelan software, which supports the 5300, I
don't know if they ever released it, I think they canned the whole mac
unit.

If you want the driver I have let me know...

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html