Re: [NTLK] Thank you for all the repies!

From: Chris Searles (csearles_at_t-online.de)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 05:41:14 PST

on 12.02.2003 12:05 Uhr, Jon Glass at jonglass_at_usa.net typed vigorously:

> In fact, I've had a horrible, absolutely horrible time trying to find an
> ethernet PC card that will work in my wife's PowerBook 1400. Any ideas
> anyone? :-)

I found a Dayna CommuniCard that works fine in mine. Just be sure to check
the support page of their website for driver issues when installing their
software (= possible INIT conflicts w/ Mac OS, easily resolved by changing
the loading order of the extensions).

On the other hand, why don't you get a wireless card for her. MacWireless
now produces inexpensive cards that will also work with the 1400:

www.macwireless.com

Chris Searles

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html