[NTLK] Help! My MP 2100 is dead as a doornail ...

From: Tobias Strohe (tstrohe_at_jgjohnson.com)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 12:50:09 PST

Dear List,

yesterday I plugged my recently purchased (J&K Sales) MP 2100 in to charge
(Newton 9W charger) and it was charging fine. I turned it off and later I
wanted to wake it and it didn't. I tried the reset button. No go. I removed
the PC Cards (128 MB CF in adapter, 4 MB flashcard for backups) and the
battery pack. Reassembled. No go. w/o cards. No go ... what to do? Does Dr.
Newton still exist or better yet, is there somebody in Colorado that could
help me (for a fee, of course). I have one old 2000 and 130, so I could
revert, but I just got my wife set up on the 2000. If all else fails I will
buy another 2100 (I guess one can never have too many backup ones). I
really love the Newton and use it a lot for work (and some for play). And I
feel impaired without it ...

TIA,

tobias.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html