Re: [NTLK] Help! My MP 2100 is dead as a doornail ...

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 16:06:05 PST

First,
I hate to say this, but did you read the FAQ? And if
you did, did you perform all these tasks on this page:
http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/newton-faq-hardware.html#IIC6a
?

This is a common problem with Newtons and the fix is
as easy as reading the above page.
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Tobias Strohe <tstrohe_at_jgjohnson.com> wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> yesterday I plugged my recently purchased (J&K
> Sales) MP 2100 in to charge
> (Newton 9W charger) and it was charging fine. I
> turned it off and later I
> wanted to wake it and it didn't. I tried the reset
> button. No go. I removed
> the PC Cards (128 MB CF in adapter, 4 MB flashcard
> for backups) and the
> battery pack. Reassembled. No go. w/o cards. No go
> ... what to do? Does Dr.
> Newton still exist or better yet, is there somebody
> in Colorado that could
> help me (for a fee, of course). I have one old 2000
> and 130, so I could
> revert, but I just got my wife set up on the 2000.
> If all else fails I will
> buy another 2100 (I guess one can never have too
> many backup ones). I
> really love the Newton and use it a lot for work
> (and some for play). And I
> feel impaired without it ...
>
> TIA,
>
> tobias.

=====
"A spirit of national masochism prevails, encouraged by the imputent core of effete snobs who characterize themselves as intellectuals"
 - Spio Angew, 1970