Re: [NTLK] Rechargeable batteries

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Fri Feb 14 2003 - 01:53:02 PST

Its perfectly normal,I use 2000mAh cells.
UNfortunately the Newt assumes that you have alcalines if you use the
battery tray.
The battery status display is based on a measurement of the battery voltage.
Since the rechargeable have a different relation between voltage and
capacity, the Newt will indicate a low Bat status too early.
You might achieve better results if you fool the Newt via Software (I do not
remember the name of that package) or you modify an old Newt rechargeable
battery pack or you do a hardware mod on your battery tray.

Cheers
Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html