Re: [NTLK] Local Talk?!?

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Fri Feb 14 2003 - 01:27:10 PST

What you need is the PHONENET hardware.
These are little boxes with a short cable and a mini-DIN connector on one
side and two western connectors for the connection to the phone line.
PhoneNet is bit slower than LocalTalk but it transmits Appletalk packages.
Regarding terminations: you can simply make them yourself, provided you have
a tool for crimping the western plugs. All you need is a resistor (sorry, I
do not remember the value) that you crimp to the contacts of the western
plug.

Cheers
Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html