Re: [NTLK] Error 815064

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 08:23:51 PST

Quoting "" <DDenby_at_aol.com>:

> As I got no answer before, I will try again.
>
> Can anyone tell me what error 815064 is?
>
> When I put a card, which operated perfectly before, into my Newton, I get
> the following: "Sorry, a problem has occurred. (815064)."

Positive errors are hardware errors. They're nigh impossible to decode unless
you are using Hammer, the low-level NewtonOS debugger. 99 times out of 100,
encountering such an error when a card is inserted means that the card is
damaged - either bad blocks, or some other problem. Since the Newton still
asks for the card when you remove it, I'd say that the card has developed at
least one bad block. Unfortunately, the NewtonOS cannot map out bad blocks on
a linear card, so your card is most likeky useless. Hope you had a backup...

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html