Re: [NTLK] NCU issues

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 07:07:39 PST

On 26/02/03 09:52, "Robert JA Basilio Jr." <boojie_at_mac.com> wrote:

> Every single time I open NCU, it says that it "could not select Appletalk
> connection because the selected communications tools was not found. Try
> re-installing the communication tools."
>
> What does this mean?

It means that you have to reinstall the communication tools portion of the
NCU installation.

NCU relies on the older Communication Toolbox technology, where Apple
provided components that applications could use to establish communication
with various devices. One of these component is the 'AppleTalk ADSP' tool
(ADSP stands for Apple Data Stream Protocol). Somehow, your system lost this
tool, so that's why it's complaining about it because NCU recorded in its
preferences that you used this tool in the past. So, start up the NCU
installer again and select a custom install. Then, choose the communication
toolbox tools.

-Laurent.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html