Re: [NTLK] NCU issues

From: Michael Sciascia (msciascia_at_poc.it)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 02:41:06 PST

On Wednesday, Feb 26, 2003, at 16:07 Europe/Rome, Laurent Daudelin
wrote:

> NCU relies on the older Communication Toolbox technology, where Apple
> provided components that applications could use to establish
> communication
> with various devices. One of these component is the 'AppleTalk ADSP'
> tool
> (ADSP stands for Apple Data Stream Protocol). Somehow, your system
> lost this
> tool, so that's why it's complaining about it because NCU recorded in
> its
> preferences that you used this tool in the past. So, start up the NCU
> installer again and select a custom install. Then, choose the
> communication
> toolbox tools.

Last week I reinstalled OS 9 on my Titanium only to use NCU but I
couldn't get the installer to work...
So I tried using the version I have on the Performa and I get the same
error about Apple Talk...
I solved the problem of transferring data to the Newton using NetHopper
and now with DCL PrelimBinaries :-)
Has anybody been able to install NCU on OS 9.2?
Could the problem be that this Mac OS Version is too new for NCU?

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html