Re: [NTLK] Backlight

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Wed Jan 01 2003 - 14:57:32 EST

on 01-01-2003 8:22, Daniel Vokes at dvokes_at_mac.com wrote:

> This is I am afraid chronicly sad, but in reading the manual I was told that
> the backlight only has a specific time. Does this mean it will only stay on
> for like half an hour?

No, it's in the Prefs in your Extras under 'Sleep' where you can specify
when your backlight goes off.

> Or does it mean that after you have used it for a total of say 1000 hours it
> will never work again?

Eventually, yes, but this will take a long time while your backlight
gradually becomes dimmer and dimmer before it will finally stop.
haven't heard this of somebody as a first-hand experience yet though...

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html