Re: [NTLK] Seeking an H1000, the original model Newton

From: Daniel Vokes (dvokes_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Jan 03 2003 - 04:54:01 EST

On Friday, January 3, 2003, at 05:48 am, evan wrote:

> Hi all, I'm looking to buy an original Newton
> MessagePad (that's the H1000, right?)... I think so,
> but I'm new to Newtons:
> http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/newton-faq-hardware.html#IIA1e
>
> What should I expect to pay for one in average
> condition, and, does anyone here have one to sell (or
> long-term loan?)
>
> Also, for a book project I'm working on - I'm a
> reporter - I'd like to contact some of the original
> Newton developers. Does anyone on this list know how
> to reach Steve Sakoman, Steve Capps, or Larry Tesler?
>
> Of course, whoever helps me with either acquiring an
> original model Newton, or in contacting any of these
> three people, will get a mention in the credits
> section of my book :)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Evan K., Boston, Mass.

I can't help on that unfortunately, however I can e-mail you the
Service Source archives, created by apple. These are quite rare but I
have the full lot for nearly every product up until 1999, this includes
all Newtons and also the eMate. If this is any use to anyone please
drop me a line, on or off list. I just hope my junk mail filter doesn't
put you in the Junk folder!

Daniel

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html