Re: [NTLK] OT PB Lombard memory

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sat Jan 04 2003 - 14:59:23 EST

on 04/01/03 00:33, Larrie Easterly at larrie_at_larrie.com wrote:

> I am trying to install some new RAM into my PowerBook Lombard, bronze
> keyboard, G3 400. I had 192 megs in it and bought two new 256 meg modules
> for a total of 512 meg. Alas they do not work. After trying all kinds of
> combinations with the old and the new ram modules I landed at 320 megs, 1
> new 256 and one old 64 meg. I know from talking with people on the list that
> 512 meg works. I am trying to get the system set up for OSX.
>
> If I try to go to 384, one new 256 and one old 128 module, the system locks
> at the Welcome to Mac screen with no message.
>
> If I try 512 meg, both new 256 modules, the I get an address error at the
> Welcome to Mac screen.
>
> All memory modules work individually just fine.
>
> Turning off extensions does not help.
>
> The new modules are PC100 RAM I have no idea what the existing ones are.
>
> Anyone have any ideas.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Larrie Easterly
> Oregon City, Oregon

For more help, please join the G-Books mailing list, which is a list devoted
to G3 and G4-based PowerBooks. You can join by sending an email to <mailto:
g-books-on_at_mail.maclaunch.com>.

-Laurent.

buzzword-compliant: [also `buzzword-enabled'] Used (disparagingly) of products that seem to have been specified to incorporate all of this month's trendy technologies. Key buzzwords that often show up in buzzword-compliant specifications as of 2001 include `XML', `Java', `peer-to-peer', `distributed', and `open'.