Re: [NTLK] NCU & OS X

From: scotty technoir (technoir_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Sun Jan 05 2003 - 21:48:57 EST

From: Scott Ticknor <tick0001_at_algonquincollege.com>
Date: Dima janv 5, 2003 9:47:43 PM Canada/Eastern
To: newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
Subject: Re: [NTLK] NCU & OS X

On Dimanche, janvier 5, 2003, at 08:41 PM, good-dog_at_northshore.net
wrote:

> I'd be very interested in the exact method of "re-installing NCU under
> Classic". I'm having the same problem. Maybe a step-by-step would be
> helpful to those of us unaccustomed to aposable brains.
>
> Like those cows in the Gary Larson FAR SIDE cartoon, here we sit,
> hearing folks say "hey, why dontcha just re-install NCU under Classic",
> and we just turn to each other and blink.
>
> Mark

well i'm no expert on Classic, since Jagwire ships sans OS 9 and my
copy of OS8.6 is no help, but i imagine installing an app is the same
as it's always been under Mac OS. you are running Macintosh right? then
uninstalling is easy: Start the Classic environment, locate and drag
the NCU folder or icon to the trash. Download a fresh copy from UNNA or
elsewhere, unstuff the download, and place the new folder in your
applications folder, or wherever. All the extensions and tools should
be where they need to be. Start up NCU and let us know how it goes.

your pal,

[[ scotty technoir
technoir support corporation ]]

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html