Re: [NTLK] [[OT]] Jagwire SCSI woes

From: scotty technoir (technoir_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 16:59:59 EST

On Lundi, janvier 6, 2003, at 04:13 PM, Chris Ruprecht wrote:

> Hi Scott,

<snip>

> What other SCSI devices do you have connected to that port? Check the
> ZIP=
> =20
> drive, if that's what you have. If it says something about parallel
> port,=
> =20
> then the CD drive will not work. If the ZIP drive has a little switch
> whi=
> ch=20
> lets you select device 5 or 6 (only those two) then you have a real
> SCSI =
> ZIP=20
> drive, and then the CD drive should work on the same port.
>
> Let me know if this didn't address the problem (yet), in which case I
> wil=
> l try=20
> and think a little harder ;).
>
> Chris

thanks Chris,
the other device was a humble AppleCD drive, which i have since removed
for now. the G3 has the internal Zip, but i believe this is on the IDE
bus. is there a way to configure the LUN number [and what the heck IS a
LUN?] i tried a different terminator on the drive and set the scsi id
to lucky 7, but then System Profiler showed about 35-40 [!!!!]
IOSCSIParallelDevice listings, with scsi target ranging from 0-6 [!!!].
Gack, what madness! i set the id to 0, and now we are back to just a
few erroneous items. thanks for the feedback though! i'll keep at it
after supper.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html