Re: [NTLK] -48809/SimpleMail

From: Julian Wright (julianwr_at_paradise.net.nz)
Date: Wed Jan 08 2003 - 02:03:18 EST

On Tue, 7 Jan 2003 Tom McDougal wrote:

> Recently I have started getting -48809 errors (undefined method) whenever SimpleMail tries to disconnect. Based on the light on my ethernet card, it remains connected. This error requires a reset

Sounds just Ilse a problems I had with SimpleMail when I first installed it. My solution, found after much tearing of hair, :) was:

 =95 Open SimpleMail prefs from In-Out
 =95 Go to the debug page (Page->debug)
 =95 Make sure "The Usual Suspects" is checked
 =95 Uncheck everything else.

I had unticked TUS when I got SimpleMail to go, Thinking it would be OK since I didn't want any more debugging info, but this just triggered precisely the error you described.

Hope this helps.

Julian

--
Sent via Newton