Re: [NTLK] Forum

From: Grant Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 23:27:37 EST

In a previous message, Josh Hillmann typed vigorously:

>Victor, if you ever want to try doing a Newton forum, try using this:
>www.phpbb.com . I have heard that it is free, very very easy to use,
>and it only needs about 30 MB of space (plus space for messages). Also
>there is an awesome newton forum at www.macaddict.com/phpbb2 that is
>based on the forum technology mentioned above.

I'd like to point out that there is a Newton forum (or message board)
already set up over at the Newted Community, and it has been running for
nearly four years. The current traffic is rather low, but Victor and I
try to keep things ticking along. I would be more than happy to entertain
any suggestions on reorganizing the topics and categories or open new
ones to better suit current user needs.

     http://www.newted.net/forums/

As well, Adam Tow has set up PHPBB for the discussion of Newton topics
pertaining to NPDS, his own applications such as nBlog, and more general
Newton-related stuff.

     http://www.tow.com/forums/

g.

Grant Hutchinson Interface Considerations & Toys

Live video served fresh since 1996. http://www.splorp.com/cam/
Now fortified with daily ramblings. http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain. http://www.splorp.com/newton/
Online community web site handyman. http://www.newted.net/