Re: [NTLK] nSync (or should it be NewtSync)

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 15:32:22 EST

John Anderson wrote:

> doesn't. Also there's another bug (#24) which requests the ability to=20
> install packages from NewtSync, which would most likely involve some=20
> changes to NewTen or something. So hopefully if the newest verison of=20
> NewtSync isn't found, it can offer to install it for you.

NewTen is based on UnixNPI, which only does installs over serial, mostly
because it implements MNP over the serial line. Also, UnixNPI is GPL'd (not
my choice, sorry), and didn't we have this whole GPL vs. BSD licence
discussion before?

If you want to look at a unix package installer that's not GPL'd, I believe
that PhilZ's lpkg installer is BSD licenced. Unfortunately his page is gone,
and I seem to have lost my mirror. But a google search for "lpkg newton"
turns up a bunch of promising results...