Re: [NTLK] OT New 12" PowerBooks

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sat Jan 11 2003 - 15:19:19 EST

on 11/01/03 13:15, Daniel Vokes at dvokes_at_mac.com wrote:

> And? Currently I am using a Powermac G4 desktop, this runs at 733 Mhz,=20=
>
> with only level 2 bs cache. There is a GeForce 2 and it seems fine,=20
> this has no PC card slot, though I can see no use for it. However the=20
> important miss out would be the RAM, I did not know that this could not=20=
>
> go past 640 MB, the firewire is not a problem as I only have a DV=20
> camera, this uses the old standard. But the most important thing, is of=20=
>
> course the backlit keyboard! An excellent reason to spend an extra=20
> =A31000 or so. But for ease of practicality I would take the 12", for=20
> price though, I would be stupid to miss the iBook, now down to only=20
> =A3600, what a bargain!

I'm not saying that nobody should buy a PowerBook G4 12", I was just
pointing that the 12" isn't just a smaller version of the 17". I mean, if it
fits your bill, go for it!

-Laurent.

flat adj.: 1. [common] Lacking any complex internal structure. "That bitty box has only a flat filesystem, not a hierarchical one." The verb form is flatten. 2. Said of a memory architecture (like that of the VAX or 680x0) that is one big linear address space (typically with each possible value of a processor register corresponding to a unique core address), as opposed to a `segmented' architecture (like that of the 80x86) in which addresses are composed from a base-register/offset pair (segmented designs are generally considered cretinous).