Re: [NTLK] macworld '03 redux

From: Pedro Hobbyfrazoo (pjfraser_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Jan 12 2003 - 04:58:42 EST

she's already got a 120. she used it to write Santa his letter this
year, in fact. has trouble with the hwr so i let her use the on-screen
keyboard, but she'll get the hwr thing going pretty soon, if i know her.

we're just starting to let her occasionally run a cable down the hall
and ethernet her 8600/200 onto the network, for limited supervised
browsing of things like the national geographic kids' site. this is
why the browser demo was so interesting to her.

no chat or email tho, for a looong time!

On Saturday, January 11, 2003, at 11:57 PM, Glen Warner wrote:

> Pedro Hobbyfrazoo <pjfraser_at_mac.com> wrote:
>
> (*snip*)
>
>> But the greatest thing was taking my older daughter, who is 7, to
> her
>> first macworld. We sat and watched a demo of the new browser,
> Safari.
>> After a while I whispered to her "if this is too complicated, we can
> go
>> look at something else" to which she responded "SHHHHHHHH!"
>
> Classic --! Might be time to introduce your daughter to an eMate and
> nHTML ....
>
>> I took her up to one of the Apple blackshirts, and introduced him to
>> her as one of the people who actually makes Macs for us. She looked
> up
>> at him as if he was a rockstar. And when we asked what he does, and
> he
>> said Quicktime and whipped out a cool japanese cellphone and demo'd
>> streaming quicktime on its brilliant screen, she was convinced that
> he
>> was one.
>
> I don't think I have my nephews quite to that point yet; they just
> love to play games -- but you've got to start somewhere.
>
>> - Peter
>
> --gdw
-- Peter
pjfraser_at_alamedanet.net