[NTLK] OT VGA Monitor vs OS 9. 2

From: Tom McDougal (TMcDougal_at_newted.org)
Date: Sun Jan 12 2003 - 06:00:32 EST

This isn't totally off-topic since to fix certain Appletalk woes under OS X it has been recommended that one reboot under 0S 9.

Anyway, I have a hand-me-down beige G3. The Apple monitor that came with it didn't give as clear a picture as the Sony Multiscan I had been using, so with the appropriate Mac-to-VGA adapter I have been using the latter.

But: With OS 9 I get "Out of scan range" and no picture, whereas with OS X it works fine.
Clearly the hardware is capable of driving this monitor. Question is, is there anything I can add to OS 9 so that I will be able to boot in 9 and get a picture?

-Tom

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html