Re: [NTLK] Copyrighted books

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Thu Jan 16 2003 - 02:38:28 EST

on 16/01/03 01:40, Donald Wilson at marchie_at_mac.com wrote:

> Books that are copyrighted, that if we have a hard printed copy of our
> own, we are allowed to make copies of for our own personal use.
>
> I have the first 2 Harry Potter books in NewtonBook format, that I made
> from text files.
>
> I'd really like to get ahold of any/all of Tolkien's books,
> specifically the Lord of the Rings novels.

Ed Kummel has, AFAIR, all the Lord of the Rings series. Don't remember his
web site but I'm sure that if you search a little bit, you will find it. Go
in the NewtonTalk archive and look for a message by author "Kummel". Ed has
URL to his web site in the signature of every message he sends.

-Laurent.

BUAG // n.: [abbreviation, from alt.fan.warlord] Big Ugly ASCII Graphic. Pejorative term for ugly ASCII art, especially as found in sig blocks. For some reason, mutations of the head of Bart Simpson are particularly common in the least imaginative sig blocks. See warlording.