Re: [NTLK] Copyrighted books - Free Text is out there!

From: Chris Ruprecht (chris_at_ruprecht.org)
Date: Thu Jan 16 2003 - 14:09:56 EST

To all potential Newton Bookmakers out there,

I believe, there are enough free texts available for anybody to make as m=
any=20
Newtonbooks as he/she wants. Please do a search on "Project Gutemberg" on=
=20
Google and all of a sudden, you have thousands of ASCII text files to cho=
ose=20
from. No need to use copyrighted material ;-).

Best regards,
Chris

On Thursday 16 January 2003 13:38, Steve Vander Ark wrote:
> >=3D20
> > I have the entire LOTR series in Newton Book format.
>
> For the record, officially, and for sure: this is illegal. Just because=
 =3D
> they
> didn't answer your letter does NOT mean that they lose copyright =3D
> protection
> under the law. This list has always made it a policy not to support =3D
> illegal
> copying of material, and I would hope that the list managers would =3D
> continue
> that policy and step in here.=3D20
>
> Steve Vander Ark
> Yes, I DO do this for a living.

--=20
Network Grunt and Bit Pusher extraordinaire

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html