[NTLK] NPDS question - use for data input?

From: Andrew Diller (dillera_at_sudanacid.com)
Date: Sun Jan 19 2003 - 16:59:36 EST

Would it be reasonable to expect to use NPDS as a way to quickly insert
new info into your newton?

I'm thinking that if I had my newt sitting around while I'm at my mac,
and its listening with NPDS via its 802.11 connection, I could quickly
add notes to the newt via NPDS. That would be way easier than cranking
up NCU all the time, as it must start classic on my ibook.

I can see that many NPDS systems have the "whiteboard"-- does this move
data directly into notes?

Can you add addresses and dates via NPDS?

I'm looking for a better way (than NCU) to move snippets of info that I
need to track during the day, over to my Newton.

-andy diller

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html