Re: [NTLK] Consumer battery cages-->newton

From: Damien Batstone (djb_at_er.dtu.dk)
Date: Fri Jan 24 2003 - 08:09:27 EST

OK. Thanks to everyone who emailed me on and off-list. I got quite a few
emails, so I'll make another in Feb, take photos this time, and put the
contacts in for charging. Now I just need the genuine power adapter, which
seems to go for a lot less than the sled (crazy). I originally tried
using a router instead of the hacksaw, but that was really messy; melted
plastic everywhere. This cage is easy to make. All you really need is a
soldering iron, as the rest can be done with a knife and hacksaw, if you're
ready to sacrifice the top retainers, and insert the last two batteries
after you put the cage in.

If I finally get TCPdock working, I'll be cruising. I still get that
bloody error.

/Damien

At 23:04 23-01-2003 -0800, you wrote:

>This is too wild!! I love it! It would have been even more cool if you had
>used some high-powered equipment, like a Milwaukee Sawzall instead of the
>hacksaw....
>
>For your valiant efforts, may I suggest to the King of Newtdom, that ye be
>dubbed:
>
> "NewtGyver"
>
>:-D

Damien Batstone