[NTLK] Netgear wireless stuff?

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Sat Jan 25 2003 - 13:32:44 PST

I have two questions about Netgear wireless stuff, because it's on sale this
week at Future Shop in Canada:

1. Does anyone know if the Netgear MA401 wireless card will work in the
Newt? I know it's not on Hiroshi's list, but I'm not clear whether that
list is supposed to be exhaustive. I read somewhere that it uses the Prism
2 chipset, which is used by at least one card on the list, but I don't know
how reliable that information is, and I couldn't confirm it on the Netgear
web site.

2. Anyone have any experience with Netgear MR814 wireless router?
Especially whether it can pass AppleTalk between the wired and wireless
sides? I saw some good reports on the list about the MR314, and I'm not
sure what the difference is, if any. (Maybe just the round plastic case
instead of the rectangular metal of the MR314?)

Thanks in advance for any info.

Michael

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html